Saturday 6 October 2012

Akshay Kumar in Khiladi 786


Akshay Kumar who last acted in a Khiladi film 12 years ago (Khiladi 420) will now be seen in Khiladi 786. This time the actor is back in a desi avatar. Looks like the 'Khiladi bhaiyya' would be playing a cop in the film.

After delivering a spate of comedy films, Akki got back to the action genre with Rowdy Rathore in June this year. His comeback film went on to enter Rs. 100 cr club.

Khiladi 786 would be the eighth Khiladi film for Akki in the series.

Khiladi series so far includes Khiladi (1992), Main Khiladi Tu Anari (1994), Sabse Bada Khiladi (1995), Khiladiyon Ka Khiladi (1996), Mr. and Mrs. Khiladi (1997), International Khiladi (1999), and Khiladi 420 (2000).

Like Rowdy Rathore, Akshay Kumar would perform heavy-duty action scenes in this film also. The actor, however, does not believe in using body doubles.

"I have always done my stunt scenes on my own. I never allow anybody to do my stunts. The day I will not be able to do so, I will stop working in action films. I promise you," Akshay told reporters during the trailer launch of Khiladi 786 review.

Directed by debutant Ashish Mohan, the film is co-produced by Akshay and Himesh Reshammiya and features Asin as the female lead. It is slated for Dec 7 release.

Akshay Kumar plans to pass on the Khiladi legacy to his son Aarav. This is what he told the journos at the trailer launch: "I would give this title Khiladi to my son after another 24 years."

No comments:

Post a Comment